It’s rare when it happens but sometimes there is leftover red wine in the MyFBL household. And given that it’s normally undrinkable due to being left open overnight while the residents (hi) have passed out in a drunken stupor, the only thing to do with it is put it into food.
- 1 skinless, boneless chicken breast
- Half an onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Half a Scotch bonnet (I put a whole one in which was probably a little bit too much)
- Red wine, to taste (not cooking wine; Rachel Khoo once said that if wine isn’t good enough to drink, it’s not good enough to cook with). I used rioja.
- Cherry tomatoes, to taste
- 1 red pepper
- Dried mixed herbs
Dice the chicken and mix paprika in.
Chop up the onion, garlic and Scotch bonnet (if you don’t like spicy food, leave this out)
Heat some olive oil in a frying pan and brown the chicken until it looks like this:
Add in the chopped up stuff and fry ‘dry’ for a few minutes
Then add in the red wine and mixed herbs
And finally, the tomatoes and red pepper:
Simmer for 20 minutes, serve with rice
I’ve been very busy. Just since Monday I:
- Stacked it down the steps at my mum’s house and developed fetching cuts and bruises all over my legs
- Wrote my first Buzzfeed Post!
- Spent 5 minutes straightening my hair before I realised I hadn’t plugged the GHD’s in
- Made my friend A get drunk on red wine on a school night
- Ran around the garden with a salt shaker killing slugs like a demented child
- Resisted the urge to cry when my trains to and from work were cancelled in one day
- Came up with five ideas for humorous Tumblr blogs
- Spent an afternoon reading about slugs on Wikipedia. Did you know that weird hole they have on the side is for breathing? Gross.
- Considered reactivating Facebook
- Decided not to reactivate Facebook
- Wished death on at least ten different people every day
- Blew raspberries on the cat’s belly until he hid under the bed
- Tried and failed to work out how to connect my TV to WiFi (mostly because I’m too lazy to look up the model number so I can find the manual on the Sony website)
- Did an August Budget spreadsheet six times and came up with six different ‘spare money’ amounts every time
- Made a list of hot sauces and BBQ rubs I’m going to buy when I get paid
- Looked up how to cut wine bottles (to make into garden lanterns)
- Read this article and felt a bit emotional about how much I love Aldi
- Acquired a freakin’ beautiful vintage dressing table off Freegle
- Got stuck dragging the dressing table halfway up the stairs
- Avoided death from starvation by kicking the dressing table until it fell back down the stairs, miraculously intact
- Found reasons to avoid removing chipped nail polish. Such as: reading GFY, blowing raspberries on the cat’s stomach until he hides under the bed, pondering if I’m too old to buy a Moomin soft toy (no)
So you can see why I haven’t had time to post. But I will. Eventually. Once I can think of a whimsical DIY project that would earn you mad props on Pinterest (oh did I mention I have a Pinterest now too?)
I hope that all the super subtle self-promotion worked and my site stats will go up now kthx.